Health & Safety Policy
The GRM Program requires procedures that are effective in ensuring the health and welfare of its workers and those that may be affected by its actions or omissions, avoiding occupational accidents and ill health and preventing harm to business property. GRM always complies with all health and safety regulations applicable to its sector in the UAE and strives to continually improve its health and safety management system.
- To provide a safe and healthy working environment and to prevent accidents and cases of work-related illness or hazards.
- To contribute to the safe and efficient operation of Company activities by maintaining safe premises, plant and work equipment and by the prevention of accidents and damage to property.
- To ensure as far as it is reasonably practical that the designing & manufacturing of the company equipment and products take place in safe operations and handling, by providing appropriate instructions to the users/staff.
- To provide managers and employees with sufficient supervision, information, instruction and training, to ensure that they are competent to undertake their work activities, including their general and specific responsibilities under our health & safety management system.
- To provide adequate control on the health and safety risks arising from our work activities.
- To ensure safe handling, storage, transportation, use and disposal of hazardous substances and hazardous waste.
- To minimize the environmental impact from Company operations.
- To consult with our employees on matters affecting their health and safety.
- To review and revise this policy as necessary at regular intervals.
Our health and safety management system arrangements allocate general and specific responsibilities to managers, employees and workers. The Designated Person, who has the overall responsibility for the management of health and safety within the UAE, will sign this Statement of Intent and in particular will ensure that health and safety management is integrated into the main management structure and normal business processes, and that there is systematic organizational structure for health and safety, and adequate resources. The Company Health & Safety Manager will monitor the health and safety management system; advice management and employees on safe systems of work, company procedures and policies, and on current and pending UAE health and safety legislation and requirements under that legislation. All employees have a legal responsibility to cooperate with the company to ensure that it meets its obligations under health and safety legislation.
Organization & Procedures:
The detailed organizational arrangements for carrying out this policy are contained in the company policies and procedures grouped in the documents with an HS reference. This policy reaffirms the company’s resolve to ensure that the health and safety of employees will be a key objective of the company and subject to ongoing review.